9 Jun 2016

Architecture all the way

I visited Jura, the very western part of Switzerland a city called La Chaux-de-Fonds. The city with endless streets, you could put that way...



That is a city where a world known architecture Le Corbusier was born. And also a city belonging to the network of Jugendstil or Art Noveau. In the Art Nouveau Network you can find quite a lot of cities around the world.


Villa Turque. La Corbusier.
By the way, have you visited already the Pavillon Le Corbusier in Zurich? Also worth visiting as I noticed today.


I found out that there is also in Zürich ZAZ Bellerive - A Story about the Swiss Defence Bunkers. Really on the opposite site of the Pavillon Le Corbusier...To visit the Bunkers I did not manage this time. As you must reserve in beforehand through internet. Next time I will do it for sure!



Anyway - in the museum you can see  read  short stories and see a film about Switzerlands' ways of national defending. Quite interesting. I also noticed that there is in Zürich a Museum of Civil Defence. That for sure I also will visit next time.

Talking about the architecture...If you are interested in Art Nouveau, you should visit Finland. And the capital of Finland, Helsinki is then the place to visit. 

 
It is really worth walking around in Helsinki as you can see here. For you here the info and maps in different languages. So welcome to Finland and Helsinki. Above all in the summer Helsinki is also a party town all those white nights of the summer along...And you can find there a wide variety of interesting restaurants nowadays.

In continuing with the architecture I visited the Vitra Museum in Weil in Rhein, I found there in the museum premises lots of architectural findings as well, as the Vitra buildings are designed by global known architects as...


So if you are interested in Swiss Architecture...Visit the Architecture Museum in Basel.

And I checked it now in the beginning of the year 2019. Very little to be seen there...unfortunately. They told me that in the museum combining 2 museums that they have only one exhibition about the architecture at a time...Well...


 

No comments: