9 Jun 2016

Design all the way


Yes indeed...On Monday I visited from Basel on the German side, and the Vitra Design Museum in Weil am Rhein.


It was really a nice experience. You can enjoy there not only Vitra design but also design from the world wide known designers (kind of a showcase), as to mention here the famous Finnish designer Alvar Aalto or Eero Saarinen.


And you can get an overview of the history of design, the different decades of design.


My design week went on, I thought, with a visit in the Design Museum of Zürich....

But I could not do it as the museum was closed because of the renovation. But something nice happened to me instead. I could take apart in an one-hour-visit to the basement of the Zürich University of the Arts (Hochschüle de Künste -  HDK), the storerooms of the Design Museum of Zürich. 

 
And what we could see and here there! I will remember it always and for sure visit the museum when it reopens!

These suggestions of design for the Swiss were not accepted by people. The black one was called "The Cave".
The poster collection was super! Until 12 or so years ago they collected every poster made in Switzerland.
If I remember right these are the collages of Herbert Matter.

The Dada Dolls. Splendid!
Bye-Bye. 
Design Museum of Zürich reopens in the beginning of the year 2018. 
So they inform and I will be there!
....

And in the beginning of the year 2019 I was there.  To see really interesting objects about the housing culture in Switzerland. But almost the most interesting issue this time was the Photo exhibition "Genesis" of the Brazilian photographer Sebastiao Salgado . Go to see the exhibition if you ever have the possibility!

 

No comments: