23 Nov 2014

History of Berlin in every way



 
The Museum of German History (Deutsches Historisches Museum) as well as the Museum of the City of Berlin (Stadtmuseum Berlin) are ones of my very favourite museums in Berlin. No doubt.

If you visit Berlin until June next year visit the exibition "West-Berlin: An island in search of mainland". Very interesting. There you can study the history of West-Berlin when the East- and West-Berlin still existed.


For me it was a very refreshing experience, as in the 80's when I got from DAAD (German Acadmic Exchanges) a scholarship to study in Munich I studied very eagerly the West German History. In the 90's I worked for CIMO in Finnish Cultural Intitute in Berlin. Then I studied very eagerly after the "Wende" (after East and West Germany were united) the History of East German. And now it was for me a kind of back to roots, and bakc to the west.



In the Museum I found also info and the flags of some Berlin football teams: Hertha Berlin-Union Berlin-Tennis Borussia Berlin (TeBe)-Turkiyemspor Berlin-Tasmania...And later in the evening, of course, to look at football. This time a match of Berlin Regional Ligue. At the Mommsen-Stadion the match of Tennis Borussia Berlin - Herta06 Berlin. TeBe won 4-0. Very good atmosphere! And the stadium restaurant full of historical mementos too.



No comments: